Megan joined the swim team this summer. She and the neighbor kids go every week morning at 8:00. We get to sleep in until 7:20 now. Last Saturday the Tiger Sharks team had a fundraiser and Megan swam 80 lengths of the pool, which equals about a 1 1/4 miles! Rich and I took turns tallying. First she started out doing freestyle, but then that made her side hurt, so she did one length of the pool backstroke but then hit her head on the wall coming back! So the rest of the time she did breast stroke. She says that the first hour of swimming she was so frustrated because there was a lifeguard sitting right in front of her lane, so naturally she felt like she was doing something wrong! But then eventually she left and Meg felt much better.
In backward glances, I took my chances and said he was the one, now look at what I've done: one, two, three, four, five have come along... they've helped me write my greatest song.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Meg, the Pool Shark
Megan joined the swim team this summer. She and the neighbor kids go every week morning at 8:00. We get to sleep in until 7:20 now. Last Saturday the Tiger Sharks team had a fundraiser and Megan swam 80 lengths of the pool, which equals about a 1 1/4 miles! Rich and I took turns tallying. First she started out doing freestyle, but then that made her side hurt, so she did one length of the pool backstroke but then hit her head on the wall coming back! So the rest of the time she did breast stroke. She says that the first hour of swimming she was so frustrated because there was a lifeguard sitting right in front of her lane, so naturally she felt like she was doing something wrong! But then eventually she left and Meg felt much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't think I've swam that much my entire life. Great job Meg!
Good job, Meg. My side is hurting thinking about all those laps.
Post a Comment