
Before my mom passed away May 12th of this year, I enjoyed calling her up on the phone, usually at night, usually at 9:20 p.m. I'd be doing whatever, then the realization would hit me, "I haven't talked to mom yet today!" It was always that time of night. So I'd call. I wasn't perfect at contacting her every day, but did the best I could.
I started missing her even before she was gone. I missed her when I sat right next to her holding her hand while she was in the ICU at Lovelace Hospital in Albuquerque and all she could do was look at me and my siblings, who were also there.
What was really strange was walking through my front door after returning from her funeral in New Mexico and wanting to call to tell her we'd gotten home safely, as I'd usually do after returning from a trip. Luckily, my sister Susan called and it filled that void.
So to you who are reading this post, if your mom still alive, call her.
1 comment:
That's a good picture of Grandma. We miss her too. We love you!
Tyler, Monica, Nathan, and Ava
Post a Comment