This is evidence of what can happen when you lose sleep because of an unexplained 12:59 am occurrence. Something from Rich's side of the dresser beeps, making that sound. It wakes me up, and then I usually can't go back to sleep. It's been going on many months but only recently has it been happening nightly. This was the week that Rich's mom was here and the week of my latest play. Rich and I finally started sleeping in the extra bedroom until my play ended.
So I burned the pan one morning after that noise had awakened me and I laid awake all night. We got up to read scriptures and pray and send Meg off to school. Then I remembered that I hadn't made my oatmeal yet, so I put the water and raisins on the stove to start boiling. Then I completely forgot about it and went back to bed. About 15 minutes later (of course I wasn't sleeping yet) I realized what I'd done and ran downstairs just in time to beat the smoke alarm. The sad thing is that I'd just ruined another one quart pan a few weeks before that. I'd never seen metallic looking raisins before.
At first I thought the noise was Rich's hearing aids. Then I thought it was something interfering with the alarm clock's electromagnetic frequency, so that last night that we slept in our room out of desperation, I removed everything from Rich's side of the dresser and put it all downstairs in a box. Even the clock. All that remained was Rich's non-digital watch. The corroded battery that had been in the clock was in the trash. And that was it. The noise still happened. Well, tonight Maria is spending the night, so Rich and I have to sleep in our own bed again. It's 11:24 and I don't think I want to stay up until 12:59. A small consolation is that Rich thinks he heard the noise that last night we were in our room. He's just gotten up to go to the bathroom five seconds before it went off, and he was walking by. So I know that I'm not imagining it. I'll let you know what's making the noise once we figure it out.
3 comments:
wow! I hope you can figure out what that noise is...that would be so annoying! And so sorry about your pan, but I about died laughing!
I still think the sound is coming from the office.
-Kevin
Those things are raisins?? They look like musket ammunition.
Sorry you still aren't getting sleep.
Post a Comment