Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Don't Tell Pampered Chef...


... that their brownie server handle does not withstand temperatures exceeding 425 degrees.  I involuntarily tested their product when I re-baked my stored-in-the-oven and then forgotten Mother's Day Texas sheet cake covered with Saran Wrap (which we all know, does not hold up to high temperatures, either). (I was pre-heating the oven in order to bake some pop 'n serve jumbo biscuits.)  I beat the smoke alarm AGAIN.
 
I'm going to ask Black & Decker for a smoke alarm tester commission, as this is my 3rd incident in 2 months for 1 unit.

The handle is actually more ergonomic in a weird polymery kind of way.

4 comments:

The Mursets said...

Yikes. I hope you threw the cake away! I am sure glad that you were able to beat the smoke alarm again, are you sure the batteries are still working? You must just be really fast!

The Yoder's Five said...

What a funny way to improve your spatula.

The Mursets said...

They need to make silicone handles for everything.

Jen said...

I discovered that you shouldn't toast wheat germ with your oven broiler recently. My cookie sheet modification didn't turn out as well as your spatula.