Sunday, September 21, 2008

Samoan 9th Branch birthday party

Last Friday the Samoans had their 9th branch birthday party at the Bloomington Stake center. They called it a birthday, because they were celebrating the birth of the branch. Any who, here are some pictures of what went on :)
As soon as you walked in the door you were greeted by all these water bottles!
As always the Samoans go all out with the food.
These were all full of pork.

Mmm... lettuce.  They later had watermelon and cantalope on top of it.

They split us into groups, one side was the leaders and leaders only, the other side was the people who aren't leaders and the leaders children. These were our center pieces.
Yum... raw fish.  Mom says it's good.
Mom looking all pretty
Tanner Jones and Lori playing a game on a napkin.
The place was packed!

My dad and Bishop Jones going up to be honored by the Samoans.

They had entertainment while they were serving the food. I had a video of them dancing but it wouldn't upload.
After we were all done eating they turned on some music and everyone started dancing.

Mom and dad danced a lot.  I was the official photographer.









3 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Looks like fun and a lot of food! Love the orange dress, mom.

By the way, Meg, the camera I used to take the calendar pictures last year was my $300 nice, fast, big film camera, not the sloooowwwww one I used to have. Because there's no way I could have gotten all those cute shots with a slow camera. Madelyn refuses to hold still for more than half a second.

The Yoder's Five said...

PS. I get my blog backgrounds on TheCutestBlogOnTheBlock.com. There's a link to it on the upper left hand corner on my blog. The ones I have been getting from there are free.

The Yoder's Five said...

PPS. I tagged mom. She has to look at my blog to see what it is about.