
The week after school started, Rich and I attended Education Week at BYU. We stayed with the Thaynes in Payson. Thanks, Sherri and Jeff! Kevin and Lori and Hattie watched Megan and let her stay with them. Lori even drove Meg to ballet. Thanks! Anyway, Rich and I had a lot of fun together. We were there three days and went to twenty classes. I really hope we can go again next year. There are 1,000 different classes to choose from, and they are all so inspiring that you don't even want to break for lunch. So we found ourselves eating as we walked to our next class. We met on this campus over 30 years ago, you know. We now know where the best place to park the car is, even if it involved climbing 143 stairs to get to your first class. Next time I'm wearing a pedometer.

Megan is an eighth grader now and started middle school the 12th of August. The weather was still in the triple digit range! Her favorite classes are Spanish, Home Ec and PE. She's taking guitar, too but says it isn't her favorite. Dang it. At least she doesn't have to take her guitar back and forth to school, because we have plenty of them at home just waiting to be practiced on.
Her ballet lessons began that same week. Her ballet teacher retired last year, so we had to transfer her to a school that has huge classes, (sixteen girls instead of six. Six is so much better if you really want to learn anything and improve.) But at least they do the Nutcracker, so she auditioned and got a part. Rich and I are going to be in the opening party scene. I figured we may as well, as long as we have to take her to rehearsal, we may as well get some waltzing time in ourselves.
1 comment:
Hee hee. I can't wait to see you guys waltz in the Nutcracker.
Post a Comment